15 June 2021 - The role of Infrastructure and its Governance for a Sustainable Recovery in Latin America and the Caribbean
(The recording will be available in English soon)
This webinar fostered analysis and debate on how to ensure that infrastructure investments and public procurement could become a lever for economic recovery after the COVID-19 crisis, while discussing alternative infrastructure delivery methods (such as PPPs) that facilitate investment, and recognising and mitigating the risks that these methods imply in order to generate public trust.
• Pablo Fernando Seitz Ortiz, National Director of Public Procurement, Paraguay
• Carmen Yagüe, Asesora en el Gabinete del Ministro, Ministerio de Transporte, Movilidad y Agenda Urbana, España
• Rogelio Rivero, General Director of Highway Development, Ministry of Communications and Transportation (SCT), Mexico
• Fabiano Pompermayer, Undersecretary of National Infrastructure Planning, Ministry of Economy, Brazil
• Sofía Prudencio Gamio, Executive President, Supervisory Agency for State Procurement, Peru
• Felix Leon Morales, Chief of Cabinet, General Directorate for Concessions, Ministry of Public Works, Chile
21 April 2021 - The Covid-19 legacy: More Resilient Procurement Strategies?
This webinar focused on how procurement strategies could adapt to an increasingly volatile environment while shaping the future of public services.
The panel shared a wealth of experiences in designing resilient procurement strategies which account for the changing environment caused by the current pandemic. From Australia to Denmark, from academics to practitioners, we discussed how procurement strategies can make public services more resilient and how, collectively, institutions can leverage public procurement to achieve the daunting task of building back better economies and safer societies.
• Prof. Rafael Ramirez, Director of the Oxford Scenarios Programme and Professor of Practice
• Mr. William Monoghan, Chair of Australia and New Zealand Health Procurement Roundtable
• Ms. Katharina Knapton-Vierlich, Head of Unit, DG GROW, European Commission
• Mr. Bent Madsen, CEO, National Building Fund, Denmark
• Mr. John Williams, Senior Procurement Specialist, World Bank