On 13 November 2023, the OECD Corporate Governance Committee designated its Chair, Vice-Chairs and Bureau for 2024.
The incumbent Chair, Mr Masato Kanda, Vice Minister of Finance of Japan, will continue to chair the Committee.
The three incumbent Vice-Chairs, Mr. Rodrigo Buenaventura, Chair of Spain’s National Securities Market Commission (CNMV), Ms. Chiara Mosca, Commissioner at Italy’s National Securities Market Commission (CONSOB), and Mr. Nick Tabor, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Financial Markets at the U.S. Department of the Treasury will continue to serve as Vice-Chairs.
Representatives of Brazil, Greece, Israel, Sweden and the United Kingdom will continue to serve as Bureau members. The Committee designated a new Bureau member, Ms. Solange Berstein, Chair of Chile’s Financial Markets Commission.
Role of the Committee
The Corporate Governance Committee:
- guides the Organisation’s work on corporate governance, corporate finance and state-owned enterprises;
- oversees and monitors the implementation of the G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance and the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises with the support of its subsidiary body, the Working Party on State Ownership and Privatisation Practices;
- supports the OECD’s dialogue with non-member economies in the areas of corporate governance, corporate finance and state-owned enterprises. The Committee runs regional Corporate Governance Roundtables with Asia, Latin America and the Middle East and North Africa.
Composition of the Committee
52 jurisdictions participate in the Corporate Governance Committee:
- All OECD members;
- Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, South Africa and Saudi Arabia as G20 members, and Hong-Kong (China) and Singapore as FSB members;
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Peru and Romania as OECD accession candidate countries, and Malaysia.
The Financial Stability Board (FSB), International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Word Bank participate in the Committee as Observers.
Leadership of the Committee in 2024
Chair: Mr. Masato Kanda, Vice Minister of Finance for International Affairs, Japan
- Mr. Rodrigo Buenaventura, Chair, National Securities Market Commission (CNMV), Spain
- Ms. Chiara Mosca, Commissioner, National Securities Market Commission (CONSOB), Italy
- Mr. Nick Tabor, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Financial Markets, Department of the Treasury, United States
- Ms. Solange Berstein, Chair of the Financial Markets Commission, Chile
- Mr. Offir Eyal, Director of International Affairs & Business Development, Israel Securities Authority, Israel
- Mr. Mark Holmes, Deputy Director, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, United Kingdom
- Ms. Vassiliki Lazarakou, Chair, Hellenic Capital Market Commission (HCMC), Greece
- Mr. João Pedro Nascimento, Chair, Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM), Brazil
- Mr. Rolf Skog, Director General, Swedish Securities Council, Sweden
› For further information about the Corporate Governance Committee, please contact Serdar Çelik, Head of the Capital Markets and Financial Institutions Division (CorporateGovernance&CorporateFinance@oecd.org).