The future we want: better policies for the next generation and a sustainable transition | 9-10 June
The large-scale aggression of Russia against Ukraine, firmly condemned by the OECD Council, is a humanitarian disaster, has forced millions to flee and is causing economic damage worldwide. Implementation of the ongoing recovery plans from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic is being affected by the serious economic and social implications of the war.
Effective multilateralism is more important than ever to promote peace and the shared values the OECD stands for, to deliver a green planet to future generations, and to secure a path of higher, inclusive and sustainable growth.
For 60 years, the OECD has served as an effective platform for like-minded, market-based democracies to work together and find solutions to our most pressing economic challenges. The 2022 Meeting of the OECD Council at the Ministerial Level (MCM), chaired by Italy, with Mexico and Norway as Vice-Chairs, brings Leaders and Ministers together under the theme "The future we want: better policies for the next generation and a sustainable transition".
Building on the outcomes of the 2021 MCM and the G20 Rome Summit, the meeting will focus on the international co-operation and coordination needed to build a better future for and with young people. This includes addressing economic and other consequences of Russia’s large-scale aggression in a post-pandemic world as well as finding the right policy mix to unleash the growth potential of OECD economies in the medium term, transition to a sustainable and inclusive economic model that leverages the digital and green transformation, and to build resilient health systems that sustain both population health and economic prosperity. The MCM will also discuss enhancing the OECD's dialogue with Africa, strengthening gender equality and better aligning trade and environmental policies to build together a sustainable future.
Other 2022 MCM documents
- Roadmap for the OECD Accession Process of Brazil
- Roadmap for the OECD Accession Process of Bulgaria
- Roadmap for the OECD Accession Process of Croatia
- Roadmap for the OECD Accession Process of Peru
- Roadmap for the OECD Accession Process of Romania
- OECD Economic Outlook, 8 June 2022
- Recommendation on Creating Better Opportunities for Young People
- Recommendation on the Ten Global Principles for Fighting Tax Crimes
- Recommendation on International Regulatory Co-operation to Tackle Global Challenges
- Recommendation on Environmental Information and Reporting
- Recommendation on SME and Entrepreneurship Policy
- Recommendation on Blockchain and other Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Recommendation on the Social and Solidarity Economy and Social Innovation
- Recommendation on Foreign Direct Investment Qualities for Sustainable Development
- Report on the Implementation of the OECD Gender Recommendations
- Report on the Implementation of the OECD Recommendation on Ageing and Employment Policies
- Annual Update on OECD Standard-Setting
- TUAC Statement
- BIAC Statement
MCM Closing Press Conference
OECD Ministerial Council Meeting Closing Press Conference
Video message by the President of Costa Rica
Video message by the President of Costa Rica, Mr Rodrigo Chaves Robles, to celebrate the first anniversary since it became the 38th member of the OECD.