Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters: Implementation Handbook
The purpose of the Common Reporting Standard Implementation Handbook is to assist government officials in the implementation of the Standard for the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters and to provide a practical overview of the Standard to both the financial sector and the public at-large.
Download the report
The Handbook provides an overview of the legislative, technical and operational issues and a more detailed discussion of the key definitions and procedures contained in the Standard for the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters ("Standard").
Changes reflected in this second edition of the Handbook provide additional and more up-to-date guidance on certain areas related to the effective implementation of the Standard. This includes revisions to sections pertinent to the legal framework for implementation of the AEOI, data protection, IT and administrative infrastructures as well as compliance measures. More clarity has been provided in the trust section of the Handbook relation to the identification of Controlling Persons.
This edition also includes all Frequently-Asked Questions in relation to the Common Reporting Standard that have so far been issued by the OECD. These FAQs are intended as a "living document" and regularly updated.
- 05/04/2018 - Global network for the automatic exchange of offshore account information continues to grow; OECD releases new edition of the CRS Implementation Handbook
- 07/08/2015 - The OECD takes further steps to putting an end to offshore tax evasion
- OECD work on exchange of information
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @OECDtax